Sunday, May 11, 2008

Eve of the "First Day" of Treatment



Here is a photo of where I will be spending a lot of my time in the next 3 months! The Creticos Cancer Center is at Illinois Masonic Hospital and is a stand alone facility across from the main hospital on Wellington in Chicago. The first floor is devoted to radiation treatment, the second has the Gilda's Club and the third floor is for examinations and chemotherapy.

Tomorrow, Monday May 12th will be my first day of treatment. Honestly, I am very scared....it is a big day. I will be having both chemotherapy for about 3-4 hours and radiation for about 30 minutes. Luckily, my mother and father are in town (Happy Mother's Day, MOM!-You are amazing) and I will have my uber-supportive, caring and attentive husband. I will be well taken care of and am so thankful they are able to support me and hold my hand through my first day.

Depending on how I am feeling as I don't know what to expect....either I or Mark will update you all tomorrow night on how everything went. My entry is short today because I am putting the final touches on my Wonder Woman costume........you're gonna get it squatter!!!

7 comments:

Amy Wallace said...

Best of luck Kins and know we are all there with you in your heart :) Kick that squatters ass...did you name the bastard yet? love you, aim

Erin said...

Hi Kins, I will be thinking about you and praying for you even more tomorrow. Just know you have thousands (if not more) of positive thoughts headed your way! Te amo, amiga mia. Erin

K said...

Hi Kindra,

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Lots of love, Kara

margaretto said...

Kins My thoughts and prayers are with you today and always...you will knock that squatter out..love you and you have lots of support and good wishes coming your way...Margaret xoxo

Anonymous said...

Fear does not exist in this dojo, does it? Pain does not exist in this dojo, does it?

Be strong! We love you and are here for you!

Hilary Halme said...

Thinking about you all day today!!! Go get that damn squatter. Love you, hil

Matt said...

You ARE Wonder Woman Kins! Get those high waisted, starred panties on and attach your gold rope to swing from the rafters of the center after treatment. Love You, Matt