Long Day:
Today started at 8:30am, when we arrived at the hospital and ended just before 6pm. As Kindra says, "9 fricking hours!" The day was rot with waiting and cheesy girl flicks. 27 Dresses is not a good movie and you can only watch so much Entertainment TV.
The Bad News:
It is inconclusive, but the PET Scan results indicated that there were some abnormal cells in her lymph nodes near her reproductive organs. The only true way to find out if they are cancer cells is to do a biopsy, which is a complicated option for many different reasons. Regardless, the radiation has been broadened to cover the area of concern. This is still a treatable cancer, but at this point it is not good news.
Good News:
.... Kindra finished her first day of Chemo and radiation and is doing really well. No side effects except fatigue (which we all have from 9 hours at the hospital) and she is home and enjoying the company of her parents and her friend Maria.
My message:
Kindra loves hearing all of your throughts and kind words through email, phone, text, and the blog. Many people say that they don't want to bother her: remember Kindra is still Kindra and she still loves to talk. Thank you for all that you do.
Love Mark~!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Kins-I am so proud of you for making it through a long and tough day! I have been thinking about you, as I always am, and thanks for giving us the update today Mark. May each day get easier until you are cancer free! LOVE YOU...and 10 days until you have some SYTYCD to make you smile at night:) XOXO
Hi Mark and Kindra: Day one is over and gone forever, its onward and upward look out day 2, cause it can't possibly be as long as day 1. My thoughts and prayers are with you take care you are in the prayers. Love and Hugs, Lynne
Hi guys. Mark - thank you for taking a few minutes to keep us updated and for taking such good care of Kins. I am sure you'll get your fill of every chick flick and "When Harry Met Sally." :) Kins, I love you and hope the coming days are easier than Day 1. EM
Hi Mark and Kindra...Getting through the first day of so many unknowns is alway the hardest..it will only get better...you have lots of people out there that have you in there prayers...enjoy your time with your parents and take care...Love you Mom McLennan
Kins-get the hills/laguna beach seasons on dvd that will be way better to watch than 27 dresses.
We love you!
Kindra & Mark...still thinking about you constantly and sending you prayers. You are a trooper and an inspiration to all of us!!! Keep up the good fight!! I love you! Hil
Hi Kindra -
Glad to hear that days 1 and 2 went well. We know that this is a difficult time - keep up your wonderful spirit and outlook. You are always in our thoughts.
Love,
Michael and Vivian
Talked with you yesterday and you sounded really tired. I am glad the first day is done. I love you so much and will see you next month sometime. Mark thank you so much for taking great care of my sister for us. You are the best. Love you both.
Your Bro!!!
YES - SYTYCD! I can't think of a better way to pass the time, except maybe "How I Met Your Mother" on dvd? Recommended by the Utyneks. It is boy and girl friendly and downright hilarious! :)
We are thinking about you all the time and sending you our love! Darrin & Amanda
Hi Kindra and Mark,
Thanks for keeping us updated. Now that day 1 and 2 are down, hopefully things will improve now that you have an idea of what the center and treatment is like.
xoxo Kara & Pete
I have some great chick flicks to lend you - How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days & Sweet Home Alabama are my favorites!! (J likes them too!!) Keep fighting that squatter!!
Kins, it was so great to talk to you yesterday. You have no idea how much I miss you and wish I could be with you. Keep up your amazing attitude because cancer hates positivity....By the way I day dream about being in the boxing ring with the Fing Squatter...and I beat him every time!! Mark...you are an amazing husband and Kindra is so blessed to have you!!
I have some videos to take your mind off things, er, maybe not. But I do own the entire series of Sex and the City if you are interested. I know you love those girls as much as I do. Mark you could even learn something from them I'm sure. I also have the entire Friends series.
I'll leave you with a favorite quote from the late, great Princess Diana:
"Life is mostly froth and bubble; Two things stand alone; Kindness in another's trouble; Courage in your own."
Much Love Kins and Mark, Much Love!
Post a Comment