Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Lots of Sh*t isn't Good :o(

All,

As it turns out all this sh*t isn't good. The latest is that the cancer has spread to rap itself around her colon creating this back up and partially obstructing all the passing of gas and fecal matter. This blockage is more serious that we intially thought and is creating big problems in all intake and discharge of foods and medications.

Thankfully it is only a partial blockage at this point and some stuff is able to go out, leaving some room for food to come in, but it is very little of both.

Unfortunately, this problem, as we now know it, has limited our travel. We were unable to go to AZ for christmas and subsequently will not be making it to OR for New Year's. In fact it has sent us to the hospital a couple of times already, including christmas day and overnight.

We are keeping up on the meds to manage the new pains that come with this new problem and keep things moving, in hope that we can avoid any type of surgery to bypass the bowel obstruction.

Mark~!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kins and Mark-
I am finally the first to write on a blog entry!
So yesterday I was peeing(tmi) and as i went to flush the toilet out flew my cell phone from my pocket and in to the toilet it went and down the tubes. Don't worry mark it wasn't my blackberry. But we had to get a plumber come over and fish out the phone...can you believe it was still ringing. but doesn't work anymore. : ) needless to say dave thinks i am very smart.
I miss you both tons. I start back to work monday and hopefully you will be up for a visitor before then. thinking of you every minute of the day. i love you both.
xo
lindsay

Shan said...

Kindra and Mark-

Sorry to hear that your travels were postponed but you have many friends, family and loved ones that are sending you much love, strength, and positivity as Kindra continues to fight this battle!

You both are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that you both can find some comfort during this difficult time.

Love,
Shannon

Erin said...

Kins, I wish I had a funny sh*t joke right now but I just can't think of a single one. I'm sure you've heard 'em all by now. I hope you had a nice visit with your parents and I can't wait to see you. Keep up those spirits and know how much I love you. EM

Anonymous said...

Lindsay,
That's a pretty funny story. I happen to recall the same thing happening to Kindra. She never told me how the phone ended up in the toilet (I believe the explanation was "long story") but I have to think the circumstances were similar. Kins, you ready to finally fess up on the blog?

In all seriousness, I'm so glad we have an outlet to connect with you both regularly. Sending tons of love your way every moment of the day.

Love,
Jami

Anonymous said...

Mark, thank you so very much for taking very best care of my sister. I can't think af anyone better for the job. You mean so much to me and can't express how greatful I/we are for haveing you in our family. Kindra, keep up the great work you are such a strong woman and I know we will get through this!! Love you both so much and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Your Brother,

Unknown said...

Dear Mark and Kindra,
It was great to see you yesterday. I am thinking of you both tonight and sending my love and support for the upcoming year. Kindra, I have called Mr. A about the leg boots and my dad has offered to help with any type of legal assistance you may need with all the medical forms, etc. PLEASE, please, text-e mail-or call me at anytime to let me know if you want the help. We are on stand by:)

Love to you both, and looking forward to seeing you both again when I am back in the spring.

Lots of love,
Molly

Marina McLennan said...

Mark and Kindra,
We missed seeing you both this Christmas. You are in our daily thoughts and prayers during these challenging times. We are so very proud of your courage and strength. We love you so much.
Love always, Marina, Ken and Isabel

Amy said...

Kindra and Mark -- We're thinking about you all the time. I hope this latest setback will not deter your fight against this. We wish you both a Happy New Year!

Amy, Josh, Jack and Emmie

The Roa's said...

Thinking of you always and want you to know how much I/We love and adore you! XoXoXoXoXo

Amanda said...

Hey you two! Remember when Darrin said he didn't like The Golden Compass??? I have now caught him watching it on HBO at least 3 or 4 times! The other day he said, "Now how does this bear become the king again?" and "Why does everyone have an animal following them around?" Not sure what your daemon would be, Kins, but it must be something very strong and beautiful!! Something to ponder...

Anyway, Happy New Year from the Utyneks! We are thinking of you (and now, unfortunately also thinking of Linds taking a pee) everyday! :) Hope to see you soon!

Lots of love,
Amanda & Darrin

K said...

Thinking of you both always, wishing for the best and sending love.
Thanks for always keeping us updated. I LOVE you Kindra!
xoxo Kara