
Hi everyone!
So, I have been a bit out of touch and I apologize....but look at this photo...I have been a bit busy! This is my mother and sister in NYC from Labor Day weekend where we surprised my mother with a trip to NYC for the first time for her 60th birthday!!! We had so much fun and were able to see many attractions. The best thing we did was buy a 48-hour ticket for the GrayLine tour bus. You know, those uber-touristy double-decker buses where you can hop on/hop off at different sites. It was a great and fast way to see the city when you only have one weekend. We took it to Battery Park where we caught the ferry to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, China town/Canal street, Waldorf Astoria, Ground Zero etc... We also saw the amazing play Mamma Mia! which we all loved and went to bed that evening with the songs in our heads. The best part of the weekend was spending time with my mom Susan, sister Tarra, aunt Nancy and friend Janis. My mother's friend Pascale also surprised her in Times Square and met us for dinner. Mom was just giddy all weekend and had a great time.....mission accomplished. Little did she know I had been planning this surprise since last year.
As far as my health while on the trip....I think I did pretty good. The airport travel was a bit of a struggle but I received help from some nice people. I had forgotten how much you walk and drag/lift your heavy bags. I definately pushed myself in terms of walking and sustaining my energy but did well. I took breaks in the afternoon both days and rested in the hotel before more activities which helped. Also, being with my family helps because they are so understanding, protective and supportive of my limits. When I came home on Monday, I was completely exhausted! But it was all worth it!
These past 2 weeks, I have been relaxing at home (except for my trips), walking every day (yesterday I walked 1.5 miles) and trying to eat enough and eat well. I seem to be slowly gaining strength and maybe a few pounds back but continue to be in belly discomfort as well as having some bladder and colon problems....I just need to make sure I know where the bathroom is at all times and I am good.
I hope everyone is well and have had a stress-free return to school/work from the summer months. My next blog will be about Marnie and Thabu's wonderful wedding weekend last weekend. Stay tuned...
Love, Hugs and Good Health!
7 comments:
Kindra...
Glad to hear an update on how you are doing and you look amazing!!! Also glad to hear that you've been able to go on a few trips and enjoy time with family and friends. Thinking of you and Mark daily and sending lots of hugs and love your way.
Shannon
Looks like you gals had a blast! I am glad you pulled off the surprise! Hope to see you soon - keep walking and eating. :)
Amanda
So glad you had fun! Give me a call when you're ready for another walk with Em and me!
See ya soon!
Court
Hi Kins! It was great to talk to you last week! I am so happy you have had great trips planned and time with your mom and sister! You look beautiful!! Love you!
Hi Kins, I've been wondering how both weekends were. I'm so happy NYC was great and that you were able to do such much! And I can't wait to hear about the wedding. Love you. E
I heart NYC -- you guys are too cute! Thanks for the photo and update -- can't wait to hear about the wedding next. Keep up all the great progress!
xo
Hey Kindra,
Thanks for sharing, I've been thinking of you. Glad to hear you are out and about........sounds like NYC was a blast.
Stay strong and healthy.....can't wait to see you soon.
xoxo Kara
Post a Comment