Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Good News to Report!

Hello everyone!

I have some good news to report this week. On Sunday, I had a CT done of my pelvis and abdomen partly for a post-operative check of the cancer and to look at my stomach as I have been having severe stomach pains for the past 2 weeks. Although my stomach seems to be better in the last 5 days, the CT revealed that there were 2 pockets of fluid collection in my abdomen and pelvis area. The pockets are not infectious or an abscess which is good. It also indicated that my small intestines are slightly swollen (an effect of the surgery and radiation). The doctors and oncologists indicate that this is normal post surgery stuff. Frustrating to hear but at least there is some explanation. The CT also revealed that there is no sign that the cancer has spread or returned. This is FANTASTIC news!!

On Monday, I had an MRI done on my spine due to having continued tingling in my legs, pelvis, middle back and right arm. The concern was that the cancer may have spread or that a tumor was pinching my nerves. More good news....no cancer in the spine! I am being referred to a neurologist for the nerve problems but the oncologists had told me that these may be delayed effects from chemotherapy.

With all of this good news, we are certainly very happy and thankful! I continue, however, to have side effects that can only be explained (at this point) by the surgery and the amount of chemo and radiation I received. While I am beyond THRILLED that what is ailing me is not cancer....I am still in need of more recovery time. I continue to have pain in my pelvis, lower back and at times now my stomach. I also continue to have difficulties with my bladder control, have a poor appetite and difficulty sleeping. I need to keep reminding myself that this will take time (6 months to 1 year I am told) to feel back to normal and I need to just be patient with my body. It is important to remember that this is all worth it in the end to be free of cancer!

Thanks to everyone for their continued love and support!

Love, Hugs and Good Health!

7 comments:

Erin said...

It brought tears to my eyes just now to read "cancer free" - I am so overjoyed for you. The rest must be difficult to deal with but keep those positive thoughts going so your body can continue to heal. It's been through so much this year. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

Kins, I'm relieved and overjoyed with such great news! Here's to a stronger, healthier you with each passing day. xo

rjb said...

Kindra, We are so happy and relieved about this news.

Love Mom and Dad

JTA said...

What incredible news Kindra! Sarah & I are thrilled for you, and look forward to seeing you soon.

K said...

YEA!!!!! That is great news. I hope will all this wonderful news, you continue to feel better and improve.
Much love and see you soon!

xoxo

beingoutside said...

great news!

Courtney said...

Yea! Such great news!